Saturday 5 May 2007

A Friday in Kabul (in pictures)

Paghman
Nader Shah's tomb- boys flying kites

5 men and 1 kite








Kabul view from Tapeh Nadershah




Went out to Tapeh Nadershah's tomb. On Fridays (national holiday) everyone comes out to fly their kites. Mainly boys. But I went too and there was nothing wrong, everyone's too occupied with flying their kites and defeating each others kites by cutting the thread of their opposition.


Most guys had their hands bleeding because the thread dug into their skin, dad flew a kite after 30 years. He was better than i had expected- even though he was defeated 4 times in half an hour, eventually dad joined his opposition and together they managed to get some kites down.


It was my first time ever seeing something like this. I loved it even though i wasn't flying a kite. i enjoyed it just as much. the winds were too strong, so there's no way i could have flown a kite.


My sisters' engagement party will be held in a month, god willing.


As for my documentary project, the excitement is starting to play up now! I've proposed to Tolo TV to lend us their studios and editing facilities- see how it goes!I have the help of a few journalists- that's more than what i need.



ba omideh deedaar, khuda negahdaar.








No comments: