Saturday 5 May 2007

Another late but fascinating one

Thursday's entry.

Suicide bomb #4 in Kabul went off yesterday killing one and injuring fourteen. Wednesday night Abdul Sabur Farid (one of Hekmatyars’ former commanders) and present senator was shot dead as he was leaving his house to go to the mosque. May God forgive him.

Woke up this morning thinking I’m in my bedroom at home. *Sigh*

I’ve been busy daydreaming about the doco I am currently working on. I’ve approached Tolo Tv journalists etc to help me out as my Dari sucks. So far, I have received positive feedback! I will reveal more once the project has had a start.

Have another job interview on Sunday (yes everywhere is open. Isn’t that strange?)

After spending over two months in Afghanistan if one asked me the following question

Should you live in Afghanistan?

If you’re a woman, only if you’re willing to live a hard life! If you’re a man, then by all means – it’s your world! Let me explain why.
If you’re a woman, simple things is done in absolute difficulty like driving, shopping, taking up a career, tertiary education (Kabul University- female population is 22%) and the list goes on.

If you’re a man, your in luck! All the aforementioned is easily accessible for men.

My proposed solution is for all the women to come out of their homes, fathers to have some sense knocked into their heads and allow for their daughters to be educated and to take up careers. Islam gives women this right, who are men to take it away?

It’s the lack of female presence which creates such difficulty for afghan women who live in Afghanistan to create a living for themselves. It’s also the very same reason why most Afghan women who come from abroad are scared away- lack of female presence. Or so I think…

No comments: