Saturday 5 May 2007

Daydreaming in La la land

NB I am not a fan of Indian movies at all. But 'Devdas' was an absolute classic (none of that Bollywood/ western wannabe rubbish that you see). The lyrics to the songs are breathtaking.. read on..

Whose footstep is this?
Whose shadow is this?
There was a knock at my heart;
who entered here?

Who spread this vibrant color over me?
My happiness killed me

It killed me...
God, it killed me...

I hid every sorrow;
with laughter I bore each injustice.
I even embraced thorns,
and was wounded by flowers.


Yes, but when I raised my hands in prayer,
I begged God for you!
God, I begged for you!


There was a knock at my heart;
who entered here?

_________________________

Happiness comes this night; a resplendent wedding procession has arrived.
An ocean of sadness, having welled in the eyes, was slowly checked.
Despair spread even in their happiness, wrapping her in the shadow of pain.

Taking memories of past moments, going with heavy steps,
the heart wept and the eyes welled up; the spirit cried out.
Those childhood memories,
those bonds and those affections,
those promises of everlasting love
Laughing, making him laugh, fighting and then making up;
each and every moment of love, burning like a lamp in my heart —

I am taking it with me, I am taking it with me, I am taking it with me!



Ba omideh deedaar, khuda negahdaar....

No comments: