Sunday 28 October 2007

Empty

Rainy weather. Depressing music. Boring office atmosphere coz everyone had a fight (excluding me) so i'm stuck in the middle, tolerating boredom.

Weekend went great. Thursday- i got home and headed straight to work. My sisters paywaazi! I had a terrible stomach ache from eating roadside chapli kabab (thanks to my colleagues).

Friday- visited grandads burial site. then went on a family bbq with my sisters and my bro in laws. Evening went to a posh Turkish restaurant for dinner.

Saturday- took my sisters out shopping. we literally shopped til we dropped. Had lunch at an international Lebanese restaurant.i bought boots, DVDs, checked up on my tailor made coat (made of Qaraqol), bought a bed set. had an argument with the guard at the restaurant door for giving girls a hard time. he won't let em in until he flirts with them. so i gave him a piece of me. well not really, but i told his supervisor. My sisters and i were freaking out upon leaving. He's armed with a gun and we were paranoid that he'll shoot us in retaliation.

We weren't bothered waiting for the driver to pick us up so we decided to catch a taxi. Two taxis stopped, the first was a guy aged around 30. the second one was an elder guy aged around 50. i told my sister to go for the second taxi coz he's old and in case he decides to kidnap us (yes, i am paranoid) at least we can beat him out of the taxi and hijack it. S went to the first taxi leaving T and i debating about which one is the safer alternative. This is how it went:

ME: The younger one is harder to beat up if he decides to kidnap us, look at him.. he's so big and fat!

T: No, the younger one is more into contemporary living. look at him, you can tell he's anti-Taliban. He won't kidnap us! The old one looks like a Talib, look at his beard!

I reluctantly accepted the first option. Surprisingly, the driver was very 'normal'. he wouldnt stare in his rear view as other drivers would and he didnt attempt to converse. I felt alright until we got home. I told the driver to drop us off a few houses before ours (it's my 'safe' technique so that we don't give away our residential details). I handed him a 100 Afs note, he declined saying he didn't have change. I told him not to worry about it. he then responded by saying he's not a taxi driver! i was like WHAT? but i acted calm and cool. left the 100 Afs in the car seat. the second i shut the door of the taxi, i turned to my sister saying, I TOLD YOU SO, he was weird!i told them from this point on, i'm catching the cab!

LAter that night, i told my parents the story! mum laughed, dad explained the taxi situation. White are unregistered taxis (the one we got into) and yellows are official taxis.

Anyways, nearly time to go home. I need to wrap up.

Ba omideh deedaar, khuda negahdaar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oi, why is your blog so political. lol you need to get facebook. hehehe
seriously write so stuff that happens in your life. and im stil waiting on an email babes.

H.A