Monday 3 September 2007

Another day in 'Kabuljan'

BOOM! thats the sound that awoke me on Friday morning. i was too tired. i drifted back into sleep.

later on during the day, my sister asked me if she had heard the explosion. It was a suicide attack against the German NATO troops situated in the military west wing of Kabul International Airport. As usual, it was the civilians that suffered in masses.

Few hours later, dad and my brother were back YAYYYYY. A pleasant surprise. My entire weekend was spent serving guests. they came to welcome dad... thank god we have maids who did everything.

Finally we got a snooker table... and a gym set at home!

Grandads not doing too well, he's health is deteriorating. The only thing we can do is pray and hope for a miracle. The cancer is winning, he's vommiting blood- which means that his liver, lungs and kidneys are all deteriorating. Dad wants him in Afghanistan alive, we might fly him over first class so he doesnt endure too much discomfort.

Finally uni's going my way! I'm graduating next month, have exams coming up! and i'm under prepared. but i think i'll be okay. The university has sent my exams to an international university here so they can proctor me. then i can start my Masters straight after.

I'm still working, and it's getting really boring now. i need something challenging! I'm considering working in Kuwait (good job offer at the moment) but parents have enough on their plate. i dont want to create more worries for them so i'll just wait til things get better.

Maybe i just need a break. my contract ends in a month, i doubt i'll renew it straight away. i'll go to dubai for a while if possible!

There's so much i want to write, but this thing gets too much exposure. And i don't want to make myself open to danger and it makes it harder keeping my friends and family informed.

Oh well...

Ba Omideh deedaar, khuda negahdaar.

No comments: