Tuesday 14 August 2007

Kandahar, the most heard place of Afghanistan.

Signs of life in Kandahar

Boy was i surprised when i saw the above picture, i had heard that Kandahar is much more advanced than Kabul but i didnt believe it. i continued to believe that Kandahar residential places were similar to that of Kabul villages. I guess not, huh?the photo proved me wrong. Kandahar has become a place which i want to visit. And they say that Kandahari Pashto dialect is the most romantic dialect of Pashto in the country (perhaps something like French).

I've been hit with the flu. i haven't been exposed to cold weather, just walking around shopping in Shar-e-Naw has lead me to getting the flu.

there was a 5 day jirga with Pakistani- Afghan delegates held in Kabul leading the city to traffic jams (as if we dont have enough already) and extra high levels of security, searching Corollas older than 2000. Thankfully, no suicide attacks took place during these events.

Right now, i'm at the office hearing a debate (one person on my left, the other on my right) about designer labels. Wow, never would i have imagined hearing a debate about such a thing in KABUL. One is saying that spending money on designer wear is extravagance and the other is saying that well presentation is much better. I prefer not to get involved. my flu is getting to me

*sniff*

My sisters bday was last night and oh i nearly forgot, mine was 5 days ago. my TWENTY FIRST... i haven't had the chance to celebrate but they held a surprise birthday party for me at the office. so nice! and i got bday presents- perfumes!!

nothing new has been happening, same old at work...

Will update with photoes soon, hope i get better soon *sniff*

Bah omideh deedaar, khuda negahdaar *sniff*

No comments: