Monday 14 May 2007

My lovely, wuvly Farkhunda!

Monday's entry

I remember the time when I used to call Farkhunda ‘qand’ and in reply she used to call me Kholajan. I never used to understand and she’d explain to me that old ladies say ‘qand’ etc. Only now do I understand how annoying it is! Lol. The other day I was asking for directions from an old lady and she was like ‘weee qandolak’. And it just irritated me!

Went out yesterday with my sister alone to Shahre Naw (an area with normal ppl) for the first time ever! At first, I was chickening out and then I eventually got used to it. Wasn’t too bad.

Also went to a wedding last night and hens night the night before that. It was alright, too much unwanted attention- for no other reason other than we were from khaarij. The wedding was dads cousin’s niece. She married her relative from Austria.

Went to work today, tiring because I didn’t get enough sleep last night- wedding! I left the house early, but it took an hour to get there. there were road blocks and ISAF troops everywhere, on foot and in cars! I figured there must have been something wrong- probably a suicide bomb. But it was because of Mr Dadullah whose been killed so they feared a Taliban uproar. They showed his dead body on TV. I found out when I got to work.

Works going well, it’s a bit scarey because some of my colleagues get prank/ threats.

As I said, it’s hard to trsut people so I’m still finding it a bit difficult ‘blending in’ with Afghans.
I’m really tired. It’s 935pm. I need to catch up on sleep.

Oh yeah and Farkhunda, there have been kakagaks proposing. REAL kakagaks. No joke! Okay fine, not old enough to be kakagak, but still.. you know what I mean, right? Or do you want me to explain? No, not working.

Ba omideh deedaar, khuda negahdaar.

No comments: