Thursday 24 May 2007

Can't remember when this was.. a week ago

It’s 1027hrs and I’m waiting for everyone to finish off so we can go shopping for my sisters engagement party! Some place called puleh baaghoomi (mum’s choice). I definitely am not going to buy clothes from this place- the fashion’s 20 years behind.

So my only hope is to buy fabric and head to the tailors and pray to God for a miracle.

Flies have been annoying me like crazy! It’s not even summer yet and they’re already out!

Nothing else to say really- all I’ve been doing is working! I have a uni assignment due on Monday. So things are pretty full on.

Things are getting pretty bad here, another little boy was kidnapped the other day- a relative of his works for an international company. Another young guy (aged 18-19) has been kidnapped and his captors seek a ransom of US$450 000. It’s been nearly two weeks. The ‘authorities’ can’t do anything!

I’m not scared- I mean I’ve come to Afghanistan from Australia, people think I’m loaded with millions of dollars, I work for an international organisation so I’m set for any consequences that I have to face. I expect many challenges and I’m willing to face them (if they come my way). it would be naïve of me to consider myself safe. My only fear is for my family. I just pray to God to watch over them and all other afghan expatriates and non-afghans who have returned with the genuine intention of helping rebuild Afghanistan.

Where I work, our street is being watched at all times by ‘enemies’. We were told to take precautionary measures.

gotta go, ba omideh dedaar...

No comments: