Thursday 26 April 2007

End of the road for Mr Taliban?

Tu ra nadeeda raftom,
dil az mann gelah daara (Shabnumi Soraya- Tajiki singer)

200 Taliban have been surrounded in Uruzgan (that’s where our Aussie troops are posted.. GO AUSSIE GO!) The Taliban have sought refuge in civilian houses shielding themselves. So what happens now? they’re under scrutiny. All will be known soon. In the meantime, Mr Boss from the Taliban has blatantly proclaimed that there will be ‘major offensive’ attacks in retaliation. Suprisingly, very little has been said in the media.

I guess this means I will be missing out on the jashen (festival) which I have been looking forward to very very very much. Parents think it’s too dangerous- yes, out of the thousands of people attending, it will be my family and I that will be hit directly (IF these attacks do happen)! There was another festival a week ago, wasn’t allowed to go to that for security purposes and also because it’s not a place where women should go- it’s for MEN, BOYS, GUYS (Even though it’s advertised for EVERYONE). As I said, it’s a mans’ world!

Jeez, what else is there to do in this place? Oh no, here I go with the whole whingeing thing again.. but can you honestly blame me?

Haven’t heard from my potential job- not going to bother with them. If they want me, they come after me!

Yesterday we were invited to dads (paternal) relatives place. The girls are really nice but… not my kind of crowd (to say the least and to avoid being impolite). But they’re honestly very very nice and very good girls. Let’s just say they get along better with my mum.

Today we had unexpected guests come over for lunch. Around fifteen people, no less! Oddly enough, they don’t call ahead of time to say they’re coming.

At the moment, it’s 5.56pm- neighbours are all outside having a chat. Kids are playing. Weather is great! People returning home from work. Busy busy- it’s the best time to be out!

Ba omideh deedaar, khuda negahdaar!

No comments: