Monday 19 March 2007

OMG! Was that a bomb??

WOOOOH! I heard my first bomb blast today! Sitting with family in the lounge, all of a sudden...BANG! Few seconds later, sirens. Ambulance. And then moments later, black hawks (American military helicopters) hovered above us. I looked out the window, they were flying so low you could almost see their faces.

Day was better since my last blog entry, even though it started off pretty strange. A proposal at 8am *groan* yes, that meant wake up, prepare tea, serve tea, sit and smile as they conversed on. ARGH!!! Spare me.

Finally retrieved my Webct password (i had forgotten it..hehe) Oh my god, it took two months! Now, i'm drowning in final semester university studies in AFGHANISTAN. argh! I'm five weeks behind! Must.start.studying.

Found this poem in my sisters book she was reading, pretty good... i like!

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them.
Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain but for the heart to conquer it.
Let me not look for allies in life's battlefield but to my own strength.
Let me not crave in ancious fear to be saved but hope for the patience to win my freedom.

Grant me that i may not be a coward,
feeling your mercy in my success alone;
but let me find the grasp of your hand in my failure.

Rabindranath Tagore
Ahhh.. touching isn't it? Inspiring i must say..tehehehe..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

salam ,

man kaka " B" astam. nawishtahayat ra khwandam besyar maqbool wa jaleb. yak jayak geryanhayam ra kashidi.
ba padarat salam bego wa hamchonan ba digaran .
we all miss you heaps. hamisha yadetan mikonim. baz e-mail rawan mekonam .

man pas az in haroz weblogat ra mebinam . keep up the good work !

with love
kak "B "

Atash Parcha said...

Salaam Kaka B,
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.

Looking forward to your email. And once again, thank you for your support. As always, you and Khola Naz have always been my takyah gah. I just wish you guys were here.

Keep reading my blog, i promise to keep interesting :o)

Anonymous said...

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shaadi!!!!

babe tu besyaar awsela daari!!! how the hell did u get time 2 make this blog?!?!? I came here 2 check it out and have a quick read but this place is full!!

anyways i am at uni trying 2 do some work and i remembered u... i hate how u are no longer a phone call away... give me a number and i will call u... bimbo asti so i should mention da inja ne LOL

anyways babe email me and let me know truely how u r and what u have been up 2... i will add some stuff 2 ur blog later...

love ya
fereshta