Wednesday 24 October 2007

Afg refutes Israel! Go Afg... :)



This incident made my heart weep. I was only 14 when i found out. But the repercussion was enormous. i became deeply interested in the Middle East crisis, researching, reading, exploring, analysing from every angle (religiously, politically and historically) the palestinian cause became my one and only passion for the next years of my life (and it still is). I traced Jerusalem all the way back to Being an adolescent, i created a 2m x 2m israeli flag to burn at protests. i wore a green kalimah bandanna and carried banners in demonstrations, chanting pro palestine slogans in Arabic. i presented heartfelt speeches which made ppl cry in front of thousands, wrote letters to the gov't. I defended the palestinians in debates against pro-Israeli Zionists. I was out there, doing what i could while other teenagers felt crazy 'in love'. i was in love too, with the palestinian cause! At times, i cried but over all, it made me strong enough to deal with where i am today- Kabul.

I have felt for the Palestinian cause for as long as i can remember- even more than for Afg. Perhaps because i saw Afghans fighting Afghans, Muslims fighting their own. so it made no sense to me. the middle east crisis was different. Spoken out against the oppression imposed by Zionists. I hold nothing against Jews or Judaism, it's Zionism and it's followers which i resent with a passion!

Anyways, here's an article which made me proud of Afg :)

An official at Afghanistan's embassy in Germany has been replaced for inviting an Israeli diplomat to a function, a foreign ministry spokesman said on Tuesday.

“He was a political employee of the embassy and has been replaced because of inviting the Israeli diplomat,” said Sultan Ahmad Baheen.

Like the majority of Muslim countries, Afghanistan does not recognize the Jewish state.

The invitation to a function celebrating Afghanistan's Independence Day in August was issued to the Israeli diplomat due to a “technical mistake,” Mr. Baheen added.

Mr. Baheen said official was removed because Afghanistan had no diplomatic ties with Israel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So if you did all this pro-Palestinian demonstrating, why are you scared to give out your name?