Sunday 19 August 2007

i dont know what to write here.

What's the point of life, if the conclusion is death?
What's the point of fate, if the conclusion is death?
What's the point of prayers, if the conclusion is death?
What's the point of hope, if the conclusion is death?

My uncles wedding took place last night, it was a good wedding. the Henna night was even better, it was a lot of fun. Mums side came from all over the world for this occasion- Europe, the States, Australia. it was good fun meeting everyone. i can put faces to the names i heard.

The henna night was held at our house, on the rooftop (what afghans call, the bomm) under a marquee. Food was catered by on of the nicest restaurants in Share Naw (typically very oily). The night was filled with kids running around, ladies laughing, music pumping loud and lots of food. Eventually, the night ended when the power went out (5am) some had left home early, the remaining slept over at our house.

The next morning, it was a skit house. Kids everywhere, women talking real loud in Pashto, the dining room was full. I went to the kitchen and made my own breakfast, eating in my room- in peace. i wasn't up for all this, for some funny reason my jaw was aching the entire weekend. i just wanted to sleep.

Typical of me, i forget about pain once i start partying.

Anyways, the guests left at 10.30am for their houses to prepare for the wedding that night. Mum and a few others left for the Hamaam (yukky). Mum returned, my sisters and i left for the hairdressers. that took forever! we left home at 2pm and returned at 730pm to find that we have no electricity. So, we get dressed in the dark! thankfully our hair and make up was already done!

I didnt like my dress :( so i changed into one of the dresses i bought from back home.
We ended up leaving that night at 8.03pm. At first, all eyes were on my sisters and myself. I felt awkward! Very uncomfortable! moments later my uncle and his newly wed made an entrance.

That's when the party began! Everyone had a great time! it was excellent!

I got home at 2am. Dead tired! And i had work the next day!


Sad news hit me today. My grandfathers cancer has spread to his lungs and liver, he doesn't have much to live at all! I was talking to my cousin on Messenger when she told me the news and broke down in tears (yes in front of my colleagues, but i didn't care). i feel sorry for him, imagine knowing that death is so close. I feel even more sorry for my dad losing his dad.

I can't believe he's going to die, i really dont want to talk about this. so i'm going to leave it here.
Tomorrow the doctors are going to find out how long he has to live. But it's all upto God, he knows better, he's the giver and taker.

Praying for a miracle... ba omideh deedaar, khuda negahdaar.

No comments: