Thursday 22 March 2007

'I've completed two degrees minus one semester..'

All day i've been at home instead of going out as it's the second day of Nawrooz and second day of spring (so glad winter's over). It's days like this when i really miss Australia. To keep myself distracted, I tried starting on a university essay which is due on Monday but the net was too slow and information was rare. I spent the whole day searching but nothing would come up. I need a library.

I'm really concerned about my university studies, they won't organise an individual assessment for me. I don't think I'll be getting my second degree any time soon. That's a shame because this was my last semester for my second degree. I'm very disappointed. A relative told me to say 'i've completed two degrees minus one semester'. That actually makes me feel a whole lot better.

Days are so long here and it's very hard to sleep til late. Regardless of how late you sleep the night before, you just wake up early the next morning.. somehow! It's not only me that has realised this, everyone else has too. Strange!

It's 12am, don't feel like sleeping. At the same time, there isn't much to do! Can't be bothered working on my assignment because net is so dodgy.

I feel so useless, sitting at home all day. In Australia, I was always studying or working. Left home at 7.00am and got home at 5pm -6pm. Either at work or uni. Now i'm always at home! This isn't normal for me.

Anyways, I'm listening to Ahmad Zahir. His lyrics hit you right where it hurts.

Beshnaw Ay Ashena Az Dile Zaaram
Roz o Shab Naalam Ashk o Khoon Baaram
Sinaye Pur Khoon Man Ze Gham Daram

Zabanam Ra Namefahmee
Negah Ra Ham Namebenee
Ze Ashakem Be Khabar Maandi

Dil Ra Ba Daste Gham Deham Bas Shekwa Az Donya Konam
Amshab Ba Yaade Ba Yaade Isheq e To Ba Ashk e Khod Tanha Shawam
Farda Qasam Bar Jaan e Az Dard Raswayet konam

Dar aeen kunj e qafas door az gulestan sookhutam murdam
Khabar kun hai sabaa az hal e zaaram baghebaanam ra
Aia sayad rahme kon maranjanid u janam ra
Parr wa baalam bekan amma masozaan asheyaanam ra

wah wah!

Oh, I caught a glimpse of Buzkashi on TV. I wish I went. I really want to see it in real life.

Almost forgot, we had visitors again today. They come at the most unusual time (early in the morning) and without any notice. I need to get used to it, I guess it's an afghan norm.
It's been nearly a month! I can't believe I haven't made any friends in this place. I'm so glad I'm still in touch with my friends back home, they're part of me. My girls are my life!

Anyways, I'm going to leave it here because H.A goes to me today, 'It's not a novel, it's a blog'.

Ba omideh deedaar, khuda negahdaar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is my Minus One. enaaley bofaam dega keestom.

ok let me tell you what is my favo song when it comes to ahmad zahir.

you must have heard it b4.
Nadaanad Rasmey Yaari Bewafa Yaarey key man daaram. bewafa yaaaaaaaaaaarey key man daaram. ba aazaarey dilam koshad dil aazaarey key man daaram dil aazaarey key man daaram.
shonedi yaa ney?